Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
carlymaddox
Style_council
carlymaddox

I’ll be honest, I just bought one today. I was dying for one last winter, but never got it. And since it’s still summer, I was gonna save it for winter. Will they still be in style? I feel bad, because my grandma got it for me, and I really like it, but I don’t want people to think i’m lame for wearing something thats not in style. Help?

It is honestly worrying me to death. )’:

posted about 9 years ago
katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

In my opinion, leather jackets are like jeans, they’ll never go out of style.

posted about 9 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

I agree with the person above me. Leather jackets are timeless. As long as you can pull it off, you’ll look great in it. I want one so badly to match these cute leather ankle boots with a heel I bought. I keep thinking that if I get a leather jacket I could do the whole bad ass, rocker girl style.

posted about 9 years ago

lovealicee
Style_council
lovealicee

Definitely don’t worry about it. Leather jackets are forever, and they can easily spice up any outfit. :)

posted about 9 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Leather jackets will NEVER go out of style! I reckon every girl needs one in her closet… it just makes any outfit so much edgier!

posted about 9 years ago

alyshamari
Style_council
alyshamari

Agreed. I got one (though not made of real leather) and it looks great with everything. Even if it wasn’t “in style”, it’s so cute it wouldn’t even matter to me!

posted about 9 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

i agree with everyone on this. leather is huge this fall in general

posted about 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

yes, agree with ppl here, leather jackets are a classic staple. i really want one this year too

posted about 9 years ago

kat18
Style_council
kat18

In my opinion, a good leather jacket is like a good pair of jeans, a well made blazer, and a pair of good high-heels, It’s a good basic that’s smart to invest in and will never go out of style.

posted about 9 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I agree with the others, leather jackets are forever stylish.

I don’t think you should ever worry about people thinking you are lame for your style, if you like it and you can wear it well then it should be good enough. Good style is about how the person wears it not what season it’s from.

posted about 9 years ago

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

I have the same problem :) but I have to agree! they are amazing!

posted about 9 years ago

arnyfull
Style_council
arnyfull

i think so..!

posted about 9 years ago

doctorchic
Style_council
doctorchic

I will be wearing mine…

posted about 9 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

Yes!!! Go thumb through the latest Lucky – leather jackets are all over it :) If you’re going to truly invest vs. cheap out for the trend, go with a classic cut like a bomber. Those will never go out of style.

posted about 9 years ago

TobiasLuciaStarr
Style_council
TobiasLuciaS...

I’m the kind of person who wears things past their season because I don’t pay attention. If I like something, I wear it. Simple as that.

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

no leather jackets are not timeless^^; unless you’re in a biker gang. Anyway, I think people will still be wearing them but really, if you like it so much, you shouldn’t worry about it not being the latest trend since most trends die fast

posted about 9 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Leather is a material, and most materials never really go out of style (unless they’re outrageous, like spandex or shag carpeting). The jacket style itself…well, that’s a bit tricky. Some jacket/coat styles are timeless (trenchcoat), others are time bombs (sleeveless parka vests). But I’m certain that if you bought the jacket this summer, it’ll be in style for the fall. Most clothing companies think a year ahead when designing ready-to-wear clothing, especially items that generally cost more (like your jacket).
But honestly, I’ll wear leather jackets even if they go out of style since they’re something I’ve always worn anyways.

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Leather jackets will never be out of style! :D It really depends on the style and cut though- If it was say a grey batwing leather jacket with fringing then yeah… that would go out of style quickly, but if it’s something like a black leather jacket in a bomber style or a plain fitted zip up style, then that is really versatile and will match with outfits for seasons to come :)

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password