Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xoaida
Style_council
xoaida

So I just went shopping today and got a steal of a deal on these white ripped boyfriend fit capri/ankle jeans from levi’s. (Similar to these one’s http://s10.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/27912328.jpg)

My question is though, can I get away with wearing these throughout fall, or is the white ripped jean strictly a summer look??

posted almost 9 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think the “No white after Labor Day” rule is kind of passe, honestly. If you’re styling them with fall colors and trends, I think you’d look completely appropriate for the season. Plus if you live in a climate where it stays hot longer, looking summery into September is pretty much unavoidable anyway!

mixnmatch1
Style_council
mixnmatch1

i would save them for summer :)

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

it’s past labor day…

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

Yeah, why not! If you pair it with fall trends it will look fine..

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

No. White jeans are solely spring….or never, in my book.

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

White jeans..well they do go with spring.

White ripped jeans…ugh…uhm..never.

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

that white rule is.. so old in my opinion.
paired with a long-sleeved striped sweater it would look good imo.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I live in Australia so we don’t have that ‘no white after labor day’ rule! Seems a bit silly to me anyway :P
I agree that white jeans are probably better suited for spring/summer, but I think with the right clothes it would work. Maybe if you wore it with something like a striped top and khaki jacket or even a black blazer. If you match it with colours suited to fall and trends that are current right now i can see it working :)

omgitscamille
Style_council
omgitscamille

well are they true white or slighty cream or winter white? if true white..save them for the summer, if winter white go ahead and rock them! =)

BlueLove
Style_council
BlueLove

they seem pretty summer-y

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I wear whatever colour jeans I want during whatever season. HOWEVER, they do look more springy, summery, but don’t deny yourself a chance to wear them now. I’d probably suggest during the winter though to probably layer tights underneath dude; ripped knees = cold. hahaha

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

i think you could pull it off. if you use a colour palllaaatteee intended for fall =)

PrettyGirlsVintage
Style_council
PrettyGirlsV...

Would look totally cute with a slouchy sweater.

prettygirlsvintage

Dima
Style_council
Dima

Benetton has a great look combining white pants with fur and camel colors,hope it’d be of help

http://press.benettongroup.com/ben_en/image_gallery/collections/image?page=3&branch_id=2656&image_id=28789

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

totally agree with prettygirlsvintage. i think a thick slouchy grey (cabled?) sweater would looks amazing with these jeans. you can totally make it work

krisbliss
Style_council
krisbliss

Maybe if they weren’t ripped you could get away with “winter white,” but since they’re ripped it practically screams summer! Just wait til early Spring! :)

Jazumon
Style_council
Jazumon

I don’t see why not.. jeans go with everything so you can definitely make it work.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password