Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

So, I recently bought these cheap (but somewhat good quality) bright red tights from Target (think Blair Waldorf) and I have no idea what to wear them with.
What are some good colors and/or clothing items I could wear with the red tights?
Thank you!

posted over 7 years ago
SweetPandora
Style_council
SweetPandora

Well, gray is always an option, along with dark purple or dark olive green. I’m just saying dark colours because red always brightens them up, but it also depends on what shade of red the tights are.

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

@ SweetPandora They’re a bright red. Kind of like Blair wore in season 1 of Gossip Girl.
They’re not as opaque though.

posted over 7 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

You really can wear any color with red tights because the fact that you’re wearing red tights is cute with in itself :)

posted over 7 years ago

HowDoYouWearIt
Style_council
HowDoYouWearIt

A nice black pencil skirt would go with red tights. Or a pretty floral dress.

posted over 7 years ago

beautifulxdisaster
Style_council
beautifulxdi...

neutral colors like black or gray.

posted over 7 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

a nice black dress would be so cute, or you could pair them with shorts

posted over 7 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Colors I like with red tights: black, grey, black/white patterns, navy, royal blue.

I think you can style them like you would any other non-opaque tights (dresses, skirts, shorts, etc), just keeping in mind the red is bright and bold on its own so you don’t need to go too crazy with other colors and pattern. (Unless of course that’s your thing!). Try things on with them and see what you like.

posted over 7 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

navy blue!

posted over 7 years ago

jcpenney2
Style_council
jcpenney2

Red is HOT this season! Try pairing it with a black blazer, black pumps, and a striped shirt.

posted over 7 years ago

citysleek
Style_council
citysleek

It would look great with black/ gray/neutral colors. Pair it with a pair of black or tan shoes. I love wearing bright tights with a LBD so the simple cuts and colors stand out.

posted over 7 years ago

beneaththeglass
Style_council
beneaththeglass

I agree with MissMeggo above. Red does go beautifully with nude/peach/tan/pale pink, etc. If you’re more bold, you can pair with fuschia even. It really depends on your style. You can pair with cutoff denim shorts and ankle boots with a flannel, any type of dress, skirts, the possibilities really are endless. All in all, it will depend on where you’re planning on wearing them to- school outfit may different from work, party, etc. But honestly you can wear them so many ways just like black ones :)

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Thank you guys! You’ve given me a million ideas. :)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password