Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KellyLuv22
Style_council
KellyLuv22

Im going away soon and I would like some advice or suggestions on how to look trendy, chic and really nice and well put together for an plane ride. But still be able to move through bag check, and stuff without holding others up. I don’t want to just throw on ome sweat pants, a shirt and sunglasses… Well I most likely will have on my sunglasses lls(early flight).

Thanks Kelly <3

posted about 8 years ago
hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

A few things to avoid:
-Denim and other stiff fabrics.
-Linen, light cotton and other things that will crinkle.
-High heels, never easy when you’re in a rush or stressed.
-Anything too tight or too short. It will show when you sit.
-Aything you can’t go to a bathroom smaller than like 1 square ft in.

Go for light, crinklefree fabrics, such as jersey, and pick comfortable outfits with flats. A simple outfit can easily be updated with just a little detail, such as a necklace or a scarf. Also, layering is never silly, as the temperature is often low on planes, high in aiport lines and changing outside. Bring a tailored jacket to wear over a slouchy ensamble. I made some suggestions, as I don’t know your style or wardrobe, I made them a little different. See them here
1: Leggings, long tank, scarf, booties and a blazer. Pulled together rock chic!
2: A wrap dress with a cute cami peeking out, worn with flats.
3: A supercomfy maxi dress with a cropped blazer and a cool necklace looks sleek and stylish.
4: A classic button down, simple shorts, simple flats and a serious statement necklace is effortless chic.

Pro tip: When you wear dresses, wear thigh-long leggings underneath so you won’t get sticky.

posted about 8 years ago

KellyLuv22
Style_council
KellyLuv22

Thanks !

posted about 8 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

It depends. I like to dress casual/comfy if I am landing at a time that I can check in because I will shower and change and be on my way but if I land at 10 and cant check in until 3, I will dress with some more versatile. maybe sweats on the plane and when I get to where I’m going change. Keep a pair of light weight shorts in your purse or carry on.

posted about 8 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

Just keep in mind secuirty… The last time I flew, I was supposed to go through the backscatter machine. All of the cancer stories recently related to the machine make me uncomfortable, so I opted for the pat-down – no big deal. Except…. I was in a skirt. So if you’re OK with the machine, no problem, but if you might get the TSA pat down, keep that in mind!

posted about 8 years ago

layo800
Style_council
layo800

girly sweats and an cute top and put on some stylish accsories. I kno its not the most amazing outfit but it is cofortable

posted about 8 years ago

Totallyoutcasted
Style_council
Totallyoutca...

I like to be practical and comfortable…but without looking like I’m about to lounge around the house so I know what you mean.

I wear layers just because the airport is cold. My vacation spot is usually hot. But the plane can be either hot or cold. So it’s important to be able to add or remove clothing.

Also, I limit the amount of accessories that I wear (especially metal) because, like thegreatbernsby mentioned, you have to keep security in mind. You do not want to have to take off your accessories and then put them back on.

Also, you want shoes that you can slip off easily because security may require you to take your shoes off. BUT you also want shoes that are comfortable since you may be pulling your checked bag around for a bit.

My ideal plane look is VERY simple and non-complex. When I’m on a plane, I’m restless so I have to be comfortable enough to move around a lot (and to sleep), but I also have to look good, because looking good is VERY important. So it’s:

Cardigan + shorts + shirt + sandals + unique pair of non-metallic earrings

Most importantly, I keep a pareo in my carry-on. It can be used as a blanket or a scarf.

posted about 8 years ago

MyNiftyThrifty
New_user MyNiftyThrifty is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MyNiftyThrifty reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MyNiftyThrifty

Lots of good suggestions that I second. I say leggings as they’re super comfy. A draped cardi and light t shirt underneath with either ballet flats or comfy sandals.

posted about 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Lots of great advice above! I wrote a post in my chicblog about overnight flights specifically if you’re interested.

You can keep things simple, comfy, and unconstricting without being sloppy. Just keep in mind all the things you will have to do during your journey— drag your bags, go through security, sit in one spot for a few hours, possibly sleep sitting up, use a tiny toilet, and meet people at the other side— and dress with that in mind.

And if you really want to look fantastic to meet someone on the other end— like you need to be in a suit or really dressed up— I recommend changing in the airport bathroom before you exit instead of trying to do the whole trip in heels or something that could get wrinkled.

posted about 8 years ago

blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

I always bring something like my pashmina shawl…I have used it for a headrest, to keep off drafts, and at the hotel for a cover up to get to the pool…a shawl to go out at night, and over a coat to make it look more fashionable. you can’t go wrong with a scarf- here is one: http://www.shopicl.com/product-p/sc024.htm

posted about 8 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

I always wear an oversized shirt. with a draped cardigan. skinny jeans and boots. I say go for a leather boot and not the ugg type boot. Your shirt could have a print. or your cardigan can to add some interest. pair this all with a big necklace and youre good. of course keep security in mind, but taking on and off a necklace, ring and a pair of earrings REALLY isnt a big deal.

posted about 8 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

instead of sweats, i wear fitted yoga pants with a loose t-shirt and throw on a long cardigan/sweater (depending on the weather of where you’re going)

posted about 8 years ago

xxSilentlyxx
Style_council
xxSilentlyxx

My mom usually wear a cute jogging suit or some loose fitting jeans and a tee shirt with sneakers !

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password