Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

I admire ladies who can wear and have the sense of style. I don’t know how to start . What i only have in my closet is pure T-shirts and jeans. But i want a change. My wardrobe is boring. But i don’t know what clothes should i start to buy..pls help

posted over 6 years ago
robin77
Style_council
robin77

Wow, style is such a personal thing….all I can suggest is to look around ans see what “street style” is out there where you work and shop. Note what outfits catch your attention the most – if you like it, try it! I have a few different “moods”, from “preppy” to leather “moto” style, and “surf”, depending how the weather is and how I feel that day. Go to a dept. store and try things on! It’s fun… ; )

posted over 6 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

try adding in time more items to your wardrobe, like shirts, dresses or high heels and find your style.

posted over 6 years ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

Thank you robin77

posted over 6 years ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

Thanks alexandraarva

posted over 6 years ago

hanichu28
Style_council
hanichu28

Just by looking around at everyday style will help! Take notice to pieces that catch your eye and then try to replicate it and still individualize it to your own taste. I really love walking into stores like Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters with no absolute idea what I want, but I usually end up trying on what my eyes first see! Have an open mind and be available to all trends and styles, and you will be sure to have an awesome wardrobe! Good luck dear(:

posted over 6 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Just try out stuff you like on others. If you feel good and like yourself in it, great. Just try a lot of stuff. As long as you’re not feeling like you’re in disguise it’s right for ya.

posted over 6 years ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

Thanks hanichu28

posted over 6 years ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

Thank you senta!

posted over 6 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

get inspired, and see what styles resonate with you. you could go to sites like tumblr, pinterest, lookbook.nu, here on chictopia, etc, to search for different looks. whenever you go into a shop, try on whatever catches your eye—by seeing how different types of clothes look on you, you can get a better sense of what flatters your body type.

fashion doesn’t have to be time-consuming, and clothes don’t have to be any less comfortable than your jeans and t-shirts. for a cute everyday look, you could just wear a blouse, skinny jeans/leggings, ballet flats, cardigan, scarf, etc.

if you mentally organize your clothing (which happens naturally just by wearing them) you’ll get a better sense of what items pair well together. i.e. the more you know your wardrobe, the easier it’ll be to automatically pick out an outfit.

posted over 6 years ago

purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

Like what a lot of people said here, if you’re not sure what your personal style is, experiment! It’s good to get inspiration from other people either on blogs or on the street, and experimenting with what you think looks good is how you’ll find out what really works best for you. You’ll eventually develop your own sense of style.

It also helps to get rid of a lot of your clothes. Seriously, just give away like 50% of it if you’re not happy with it. More room for new clothes right?

posted over 6 years ago

roseanne0587
Style_council
roseanne0587

Thank you cecilej,tightsandtea, and purplewang!

posted over 6 years ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Browse magazines, fashion blogs/websites, stores and online shops to see what catches your eye. What I always try to do is visualize myself wearing an item (or if you’re in a store, try it on and look in a mirror) before I even think about buying it. You want to go for the stuff that YOU look good in and feel comfortable in, not what someone else looks good in. (For example, just because the model looks good wearing it doesn’t always mean you will too. I learned this the hard way; in the past I bought items that ended up being unflattering for me.) Ask stylish friends or family what they think you need to incorporate into your wardrobe, just to get some ideas.

posted over 6 years ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

A good starting point would be figuring out what you enjoy wearing. If you like simplicity, the possibilities of top/jeans/boots are endless! If you like the feel of skirts and dresses, add some of them to your wardrobe. Next time you go shopping, do a little soul searching and figure out what kind of person you are. You’ve got a world of possibilities and nothing to hold you back! Go have fun!

posted over 6 years ago

hinp
Style_council
hinp

Hi Roseanne,
I see you have a very casual style, I wrote a recent post about changing your style:
Two steps to dress more chic: http://www.lenapenteado.com/2013/02/casual-chic-style-two-steps-to-dress-more-chic/

I hope it helps!
Good luck with your style :)
Lena

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password