Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dress2distress
New_user dress2distress is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When dress2distress reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dress2distress

I’m not sure what to wear with my new dr.martens . I don’t really think anything looks right since my legs are long and skinny and they make my feet look huge. Any Ideas?

posted over 7 years ago
VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

try adding bunchy socks to add volume to the bottom of your legs. Jeans will add volume to your legs as well [shredded jeans for more volume]. I love doc marten boots with skirts too. I wouldnt do anything [skirt wise] too tight though. Good luck!!

posted over 7 years ago

MariaGildaDangan
Style_council
MariaGildaDa...

it looks good on skinny legs dear. i agree you can wear skirts with it. try wearing slashed leggings also and an oversized top.:)

posted over 7 years ago

kissingtinyflowers
New_user kissingtinyflowers is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When kissingtinyflowers reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kissingtinyf...

It depends on the style you’re going to go for. If you want a more rocker look do ripped up jeans/leggings over a long baggy shirt. :) I guess a more feminine look would be with a floaty dress or skirt.

posted over 7 years ago

kpaidas
Style_council
kpaidas

its definitely better to have skinny legs with docs! I agree with the oversized shirt though!

posted over 7 years ago

katherinep
Style_council
katherinep

I really like the way mine look with skinny cargos and cropped jackets. Also, anything feminine and high waisted looks good with doc, in my opinion.

posted over 7 years ago

jent13
New_user jent13 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When jent13 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jent13

you can wear colored leggings and oversized top !

posted over 7 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

They look good with flowing maxi skirts, or lace maxi skirts. Also with tutu style skirts and dresses. With the latter, the fullness of the skirt could help balance out the feet so they look more proportionate.

posted over 7 years ago

jcpenney2
Style_council
jcpenney2

Try wearing them with a floral skirt, black tights and a white cropped crocheted sweater for a girly and chic look.

posted over 7 years ago

SkinniMini
Style_council
SkinniMini

Lol that sounded like my same dilemma with mine..I still think my feet look HUGE, but the more I wear them the more they start to look normal :)
&I def. started wearing thick, scrunchy socks to contrast the huge boot(& because its cold haha)
LUCK!

posted over 7 years ago

tayloriginal
Style_council
tayloriginal

Tights, leather, lace, anything distressed, plaid, anoraks, fair isle prints, grungy tutus, oh my goodness, the possibilities are endless!!!

posted over 7 years ago

missyme3
Style_council
missyme3

was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the great ideas!

posted over 6 years ago

Chicyoyo
Style_council
Chicyoyo

You are lucky to have long and skinny legs! Oversized top is definitely a way to go!

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password