Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
clairemari
Style_council
clairemari

Just wondering, and sorry if this sounds stupid, but do people ever wear their blouses over their skirts anymore? Lately it seems like all people wear are the high-waisted skirts. Thanks!

posted about 8 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Haha, I usually tuck my top into my skirt because I pretty much only wear high waisted skirts! I think it makes your outfit look a bit more polished, and then you can also wear a belt over the skirt.
But I think it depends on the type of skirt and top. If you’re wearing something like a bodycon skirt, a loose blouse over the top of it, not tucked in would look good. Whereas with a full skirt, you’d probably want to tuck your top in to make it look balanced, otherwise there would be too much material everywhere.

posted about 8 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

I agree with coldlight – it’s all about balancing the outfit so it depends on the skirt. It also depends on the look you’re going for. Some times I wear a blouse tucked in at work all day and then pull it out afterwards if I’m going straight to a casual hang out with friends.

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

depends on the length of the skirt and shirt; it’s generally more flattering to the figure to have it tucked in, especially if both are both long.

posted about 8 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I think that tucked in blouses are much more flattering and neat than loosey goosey blouses, however,if you are wearing a low waisted skirt a tucked-in blouse can make your tummy look big. That being said, I prefer high waisted everything nowadays because I have a trim waistline.
I think that letting your blouse hang on the outside is for casual skirts, so to answer the question….yes, some do, but high waisted and tucked is acceptable for more situations. :)

posted about 8 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I think when you tuck in your blouse you look more put together than if you didn’t cuz it would look random. The attention to detail matters but I guess if you like leaving it out then by all means go for it.

posted about 8 years ago

kirbyn
Style_council
kirbyn

when you don’t tuck it in it can seem too big and sloppy. but if you wear a cute regular skirt and a well fitted shirt then that’s fine. but tucking in can seem more fashionable.

posted about 8 years ago

hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

I love the look of a skirt just peeking out from underneath a shirt. Just give definition to your waist by adding a belt (preferably a skinny one, I think that looks more fashionable) That gives you a really polished look that not many people wear anymore!

posted about 8 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I usually tuck in my shirt but I’ll throw a cardigan over it and use a waist belt. other times I’ll add a fitted blazer. I’m petite, I don’t want to look like a clothing blob haha

posted about 8 years ago

daisbanaisss
New_user daisbanaisss is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When daisbanaisss reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
daisbanaisss

I usually tuck my shirts in, unless the blouse is cropped. & tucking shirts in show off your booty! makes your legs look longer too ;)

posted about 8 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It really depends on the skirt for me. An oversized shirt/blouse over a bodycon skirt (just peeking a little out the bottom) is a nice look, but with most styles of skirt a tucked in blouse looks a lot nicer.

posted about 8 years ago

kortneyhinden
New_user kortneyhinden is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kortneyhinden reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kortneyhinden

I tuck mine in unless it is a crop top

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password