Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KTR
Style_council
KTR

Ladies, what are your thoughts on mixing prints like flowers, polka dots, plaid, stripes, animal prints? I just recently tried bold and bright florals with polka dots and plaid HERE! What do you think?

posted over 7 years ago
KTR
Style_council
KTR

I love to see more patterns for sure!

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It can be tricky, that’s why I usually stick with classics, like the ones you mentioned. Floral and polka dots or leopard print and stripes. I also limit myself to two patterns per outfit, but that’s just a safeguard! The look you posted is amazing!! You did the right thing by keeping everything the same color group!

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

Thank you Catiekat! I’d love to see leopard and stripes. I think it’s a fierce combo!

posted over 7 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

You mixed the two patterns amazing on your outfit – looks gorgeous! I have seen some mixes I don’t like though – I guess it just depends on the outfit. If done rigth it looks great!

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i wouldn’t do it personally as its not my style. But i think it can look great on other people! Yours is subtle and chic!
Not my favorite trend though.

posted over 7 years ago

ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

i think mixing patterns is gorgeous, but only if you could pull it out. Try to stick to one primary color and work with different shades of it!

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

it takes a good eye to mix prints and pull it off, which I think you definitely have :)

posted over 7 years ago

katshoe
Style_council
katshoe

i definitely like it, and have seen some absolutely amazing outfits. i still have yet to find my own combination that looks nice though, but still working on it!

posted over 7 years ago

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

Well as I suppose mix-up of all this things may look goddy…If you have full dress of flower print or polka dots than it looks nice..We can also have mix up of any two thinks like animal print and polka dots and other like this also looks nice with contrast color..

posted over 7 years ago

beauty_within
Style_council
beauty_within

love it, as long as its not too much going on..

posted over 7 years ago

FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

I love it and I’ve been doing it for a while. The rule is to the same color palette and have one print be bold (like your floral jacket) and one be tame to the point that you almost don’t notice it (your plaid shirt). Another cool way to mix prints is to mix the same print in different sizes- like a big bold plaid and a small neutral plaid.

posted over 7 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

really tricky style concept but when executed correctly, it’s super chic. The key is to make sure the prints aren’t too much alike or too different. I love to play with the idea!

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I think, when done just right, mixing prints can be a beautiful way to mix things up and add dimension and intrigue to an outfit. There’s no real formula for getting it just right though – it’s very hit-or-miss, and for that reason I’ve been pretty nervous about trying it out myself. I don’t wear many prints to begin with, so the idea of wearing multiple prints kind of freaks me out!

I’ve recently acquired a few items that I think would be perfect together, though, and as soon as I get up the courage I’m going to give it a shot. My first ensemble consists of a white tee with horizontal orange stripes and a black and white polka dot skirt; the second is definitely a bit more on the edge – a floral skirt with a plaid shirt (pink/yellow/orange plaid at that!).

As to your outfit, I love it! I think you managed to mix your prints and colors perfectly here. You look great!!!

posted over 7 years ago

KTR
Style_council
KTR

Thank you ladies!
@Fashion_nerd – you definitely should and please post pics for us to see!! :)
@VersatileMoTif – I agree!
@Cynmolina – Thank you!!
@Fefedachick – OMG, I couldn’t agree more!! I wish I wrote more like this for my blog!!
@Katshoe – please share when you do post your floral prints!

posted over 7 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I think it’s wonderful. I often wear garments that are opposite patterns or colors that don’t match. I think it can add a whimsical and unique vibe to your outfit. Also, when you mismatch your options are endless, suddenly, the garments in your closet have one hundred more ways to wear them!

posted over 7 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Depends on the prints. it’s my personal opinion that flannel, buffalo plaid, and stripes can go with anything (even leopard).

posted over 7 years ago

KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

It’s kinda iffy and hard to get away with. I probably wouldn’t but it can look very interesting if done properly.

posted over 7 years ago

RoxanaL
Style_council
RoxanaL

I don;t mind mixing prints, but if you do it, you’ll have to be good at it because you can fail very easy. :-s

posted over 7 years ago

yaniebee
Style_council
yaniebee

i LOVE IT!!!! WHEN YOURE CONFIDENT AND KNOW WHAT WORKS FOR YOUR BODY AND STYLE ….IT’S SUPER BADASS!! :)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password