Googleplus
TAGS:  asosasos dressblack lacedress black ugly
marlena8
New_user marlena8 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When marlena8 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
marlena8

Hey. I am writting to ask you what do you think about this dress. It isn’t translucent, it has got an additional layer of material. Girls from another forum said this dress is ugly and terrible,and doesn’t suit. I bought it for the wedding and other events. I know it is summer and black color doesn’t suit very well, but i like it. It is also with deep neckline, but i want to sew or hook it a bit. Is that dress is really so ugly?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/y5hv.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/ybkp.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/01sn.jpg/

posted about 6 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It’s pretty cute, but the top makes it look like the girl has big, misshapen boobs. It might hang differently in real life though.

posted about 6 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

its not ugly,not my style really but as Catie said you must be semi flat chested for make it work at the top of the dress

posted about 6 years ago

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I like it – the silhouette for the top is pretty standard, kind of like a deep cut halter, so I wouldn’t make too much of a fuss about it. For a wedding though, this might be a little much. As you’ve mentioned, it’s definitely a good idea to make it a little more modest by sewing up the deep v a little bit.

posted about 6 years ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

I would not go and call this dress ugly, the back of the dress looks especially sexy and flattering. Though yes, the front does seem like it needs amends ( looking at the model, it may be looking lovely on you instead) But as fashionophile above pointed out, the sewing that you have already planned should be a good idea.

As far as the color and summer is concerned, do not worry about it. It is alright and acceptable to wear black across seasons. Due to the lace and border, the black is automatically getting toned down.

posted about 6 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

It is a pretty dress. don’t know how it looks on you.

posted about 6 years ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

I don’t like the ribbon I noticed hanging in the front.
Is the wedding in the evening? for a daytime wedding it might be a bit much.
The model seems to have big boobs and only if you have a similar bra size the dress might not be a fortunate idea. Sewing the gap sounds like a very good idea.

have fun at the wedding

posted about 6 years ago

MadamePoupee
Style_council
MadamePoupee

yes, it’s terrible

posted about 6 years ago

Fran123
Style_council
Fran123

It doesn’t seem bad. Although sometimes things look better on then off. You never know till you try.

posted about 6 years ago

Jmfashionista
Style_council
Jmfashionista

its nice depending on whos wearing it and the styling of it. its bland now but the right ,accessories (id keep it simple)it be nice

posted about 6 years ago

Jmfashionista
Style_council
Jmfashionista

its nice depending on whos wearing it and the styling of it. its bland now but the right ,accessories (id keep it simple)it be nice

posted about 6 years ago

AyePee3
Style_council
AyePee3

I don’t think it’s ugly. It just depends on what type of body shape and how they style it.

posted about 6 years ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

Nothing is ugly!
Whatever you think flatters your body should be worn. If you like it then purchase it, if it doesn’t fit right then alter it! If you hate it then modify it c;

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password