Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Sarrou_Wolff
New_user Sarrou_Wolff is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Sarrou_Wolff reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sarrou_Wolff

I have very thin hair..half long,but I like to have thick some help please,because I don’t feel comfortable:(

posted over 8 years ago
FrancesBV
Style_council
FrancesBV

You could try products that add volume or get extensions, they would add volume :)

posted over 8 years ago

MarthaOddly
New_user MarthaOddly is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When MarthaOddly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MarthaOddly

Oh gosh plese dont try extensions, I had some before and they were a real drag. Plus I dont like feeling fake. You should just try going to a stylist and asking a few questions:)

posted over 8 years ago

XoXchrissstina
Style_council
XoXchrissstina

And you can tease your hair or blow-dry it upside down to make it look more voluminous :)

posted over 8 years ago

bubblegum93
Style_council
bubblegum93

I would say extensions. Even if you tease it or use products, it only makes it LOOK thicker, not actually feel thick. I’ve never had extensions before, but you could try clip in extensions to offer versatility.

posted over 8 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Other than teasing, extensions, and the like, it’s best to use NO CONDITIONER at all. It helps prep the hair into this weird, starky, thick hair mode (I know because I have thin, fine hair, too!). Also, the way your hair is cut definitely helps too! Get a good stylist to help cut your hair in a way that it gives some volume to the ends of the hair. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask ^^.

Crystal

posted over 8 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Oh yah, I’m using this Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray, where I spray on the roots and then blowdry. It works wonders when your hair is wet from washing, and it does add some “thhickness” to it. It can get kind of expensive (about $26.00 a bottle). But I’ve used generic brands like Garnier when I first started, so you can try that first!

posted over 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

You could try clip in extensions or use castor oil on your hair it helps promote hair growth and the new growth will be more thick. My hair is naturally very fine and thin and now it is way more thick since I have been using it. You will see results within a few months.

posted over 8 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

I have the same problem as you. So don’t worry you’re not alone. But I’ve found a few ways that help make it appear thicker. :D
Okay so Number one: use a like…volumizing sort of product. I use one that volumizes and thickens at the same time. It’s Garnier Fructis XXL Volume Thickening Mousse. It works really well with my hair and my hair responds to NOTHING. Haha.
Number two: use conditioner as little as possible. If you absolutely have to – like your hair is in a complete tangled mess, go ahead and do it. But i’ll make your hair look more flat.
Number three: blow dry your hair upside down or with a round brush. This helps so much! I mean of course gravity does prevail and eventually take over but even then; it looks fuller and a lot more thick.
and lastly number four: this ones kinda funky. Haha. I like…massage my head with my fingertips for like two-five minutes every day. It just makes it so the hair you have doesn’t fall out and lifts it a little off it’s roots. Again, giving a fuller affect.
I hope i was able to help! I wish you the best with your hair thickening search!

posted over 8 years ago

thedailyluxe
New_user thedailyluxe is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When thedailyluxe reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thedailyluxe

Hey :) I also have long, fine hair. I find a root boosting product such as 24 hour dramatic blow-dry lotion from Tres Emme works really well. Also, blow dry your hair with a wide defuser, the wider the better. For a quick fix, try spraying hairspray into the layers of your hair and then drying upside down on a cool, yet powerful setting.

Hope that helps

posted over 8 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

oh i have the same problem!!!theres nothing permanent to be done its everyday work or just use a ponytail

posted over 8 years ago

OnTheGanges
Style_council
OnTheGanges

I have naturally thick hair, but living in a humid area, it tends to get weighed down, so I use a volumising shampoo and then blow dry. My mom used to use mousse (did I spell that right?) when she hit menopause and her hair began thinning out, and teased her hair.

So yeah, my advice is basically the same as most of everyone else’s…

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password