Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
shennie87
Style_council
shennie87

One of my friend gave me a pair of brown loafers, but I don’t know how to style it. The shoes are made out of cotton and the shoelaces are leather. So, am I supposed to style it causal? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

posted almost 8 years ago
jehanprouvaire
Style_council
jehanprouvaire

you mean like these? http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/duffer-daps-deck-shoes-front.jpg i totally adore them!! i love loafers in navy outits so i would say go with a pair of chic pants and a striped top, or a preppy combination with shorts/skirt and blouse in earthy tones

Lillyjo
Style_council
Lillyjo

if theyre the ones described by ^^ that photo then I’d go with stella, if theyre more classical they look good with visable socks on a skirt or wear them with tailored trousers

lulut_marganingtyas
Style_council
lulut_margan...

wear it with shorts and loose t’shirt.. or you can wear it with maxi / midi skirt, socks, and sweater / loose t’shirt (for casual look) :)

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm… are they more like oxfords or like boat shoes??
Anyway… wear them with a floral dress! Or with a blouse and high waisted shorts/skirts. Or you could go for a nautical look with red/navy/white and striped clothes :) You could wear them with chinos/slim pants and a cardigan or slouchy sweater.

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

The look of loafers with jeans that are folded just above the ankles. I have always loved that look, I dont know why.

TheLuxuryAddict
Style_council
TheLuxuryAddict

Loafers are so chic. I think you should stray more on the preppier side, something like a cardigan a tee cuffed jeans and pearls or anything Nancy Drew like.

niftypenguins
Style_council
niftypenguins

I love my loafers, wear them with a cardigan and jeans, a dress, a skirt and a sweater, tons of different things.

sequinpeaches
Style_council
sequinpeaches

i wear mine with black skinnies and a jean jacket a lot

kORaZONE
Style_council
kORaZONE

all loafers be it dressy or casual can be paired with an oversized tee (vneck or scoop) and a pair of skinny jeans of all colors with a studded purse and multi bracelets.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I love wearing my loafers with skirts and pants that hit right above the ankle, no socks

shennie87
Style_council
shennie87

Hello everyone! Thank you for all your helpful suggestions! My loafers are very similar to the image that stellapnp posted. I apologize for not showing before how mine looks like. Here is a picture of it Click Here!

I don’t really like the leather shoelaces because it does not tie too well. I’ll probably change it to a shoelace similar to the one posted by stellapnp. I love all the suggested ideas and will definitely use them!

Until then, stay chic!

akbay
Style_council
akbay

When I used to wear them in high school we wouldn’t tie them but instead knot the ends so that they became slips-ons. This solved the leather laces not tieing problem. I found a website that shows the look

We would tie the knows so that they were right up against the leather not hanging like the website shows. It cracks me up that they call it a “new” way to tie them since I was doing this in high school eons ago.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password