Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
HouseofHolly
Style_council
HouseofHolly

I feel that the fashion rules are outdated, how about you guys?

posted over 6 years ago
debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i feel it never made sense for people who are not from the west..white is such a beautiful colour..but i personally am not a fan of white bottoms.

posted over 6 years ago

HouseofHolly
Style_council
HouseofHolly

Hopefully I can change your mind about white bottoms! :) thanks for the reply.

posted over 6 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I didn’t grow up here so I still do not understand this rule. Honestly I don’t think this rule applies anymore. I see beautiful all-white looks in the Chictopia style gallery all year round. I think white pants are really pretty. You can wear them with anything. Check out this style gallery with white pants looks. Maybe you’ll find something inspiring.

posted over 6 years ago

HouseofHolly
Style_council
HouseofHolly

Yes, Little Bee I completely agree. Maybe this rule is only spoken about amongst people in smaller towns such as mine. I wish we had more style here in central Texas. I was born with a deep love of fashion.. I just can’t get enough.

posted over 6 years ago

Milyaka
Style_council
Milyaka

I am obsessed with white pants and use to be iffy about wearing them before Labor Day only because I overheard so many people talking about “the rule” in my unfashionable Oklahoma territory but I totally break the Labor Day rule now ! Go for it! Whites In !

posted over 6 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

well if the white pants are wool then why would it be a problem to wear them after Labor Day?

posted over 6 years ago

estherboutique
New_user estherboutique is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When estherboutique reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
estherboutique

I agree, I think white pants are great any time of the year! As long as they are styled with the appropriate thing. They look great with ankle boots and a striped top with an oversized jacket for winter or with heels and a tank for winter xx

posted over 6 years ago

HouseofHolly
Style_council
HouseofHolly

estherboutique Thanks! a large jacket is a wonderful idea.

posted over 6 years ago

HouseofHolly
Style_council
HouseofHolly

Wool white pants, yes those may be hot. Good point. Thanks everybody for the input.

posted over 6 years ago

pupuren
Style_council
pupuren

I’d never heard of the labour day rule. O_O
I feel that as long as it’s not too inappropriate for the occasion, it should be fine.

posted over 6 years ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

ophelia i like it on others..i don’t think i would last 5 minutes in them without getting it dirty! :P

posted over 6 years ago

sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

I still wear my white tights in winter.. White can be a winter color too. Snow is white :P?

posted over 6 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I agree, that rule was for when roads weren’t paved and everything turned to mud in the winter. Also, no one had washing machines so you white was even harder to keep white!

posted over 6 years ago

RandiLeigh
Style_council
RandiLeigh

I think white looks lovely anytime during the year. Especially white pants. I wear them during every season and think they really pop during the winter.

posted over 6 years ago

AmandaJenkins
Style_council
AmandaJenkins

Fashion rules are, for the most part, kind of dumb.

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password