Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Emahni
Style_council
Emahni

I Have pretty cool clothes, and i dont have the money to buy anything right now. Im so use to wearing the same clothes that I feel like I cant come up with anything new! I need advice!

posted over 8 years ago
sarahmydarling
Style_council
sarahmydarling

What i do sometimes is i pick out my least worn item, and pair it with your regular clothes. It switches it up just a little bit.

posted over 8 years ago

Emahni
Style_council
Emahni

Okay thanks, I’ll try it.

posted over 8 years ago

thiswouldbeher
Style_council
thiswouldbeher

sometimes i change random little things in my clothes, like i’ll look up DIYs on youtube and fix up my leggings or an older shirt that way it feels different when you wear an outfit again. but what i like to do more is look through chictopia’s gallery or my favorites and look for really nice casual outfits i could pull off and then look through my own closet to discover that i can make the same outfit too! (but of course never be a copy cat(; ,just get the inspiration from all photos and make it your own)

posted over 8 years ago

Belloti
Style_council
Belloti

You can also exchange some pieces with your friends … that´s a cheap way to add new stuff to your closet! It is also great fun and your mates can help you find new ideas for looks!

posted over 8 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I got my shirts folded in “piles”. So usually what happens is the bottom ones rarely get worn!
So I flip the pile over and use the ones now on top ^^. I do amazing finds in my own closets this way lol.
Also, laying out stuff helps. I got this rack on my door where i can hang outfits and just look at them for a day while i walk past them :d

posted over 8 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

If you’re broke, go to thrift stores, like Goodwill or Salvation Army. You’ll have to do some digging, but you’ll find some good stuff cheap. A clothes swap is also a good idea.

posted over 8 years ago

Notofthisage
Style_council
Notofthisage

The best way i.ve found to mix up my daywear is with different accesories. A bold scarf or a broach can work wonders. Another thing i did with some success was to take items from my evening wear and mix them in my daywear. Try it. You.ll be surprised.

posted over 8 years ago

ThatLaurenGirl
Style_council
ThatLaurenGirl

using different accessories works… also if you have the time just try to mix different pieces… even if you don’t think they go together. you never know until you try it on in front of a mirror.

posted over 8 years ago

thatnash
New_user thatnash is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When thatnash reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thatnash

Do you have any female relatives that might have some cute old clothes? I’m in college and have like zero to spend and when I come home I pillage my moms old stuff and ended up finding cute patterns,silk tops and some legit jackets hurray for the 80s!

posted about 8 years ago

DanielleMair
New_user DanielleMair is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When DanielleMair reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
DanielleMair

you know what is really helpful for me? I usually go through my closet and look for things that are “in” right now and then work around the piece. If that doesn’t work have tou tried having a swapping party? Invite your girls over and have them bring clothes they don’t want anymore and you will shop in each others “closets”. I’ve done it a few times and honey its amazing what you can find!

posted about 8 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i always find that if i alter them myself a little bit i’ll end up loving an old piece of rarely worn clothing. tear, shred, distress!

posted about 8 years ago

nanysklozet
Style_icon
nanysklozet

Wear something unconventionally. A dress as a skirt (by wearing a top over it), a maxi skirt as a dress by belting it, or a strapless dress as a maxi skirt.

posted about 8 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

Go through your closet and dressers and pull out all the clothes you have. I’m positive you have at least a few articles of clothing you never wear. Figure out ways you can wear them, and put the clothes you wear too often at the very back of your closet and drawers. This way you wear the other clothes first. After a while, the clothes at the back of the drawer haven’t been worn in a while and you look like you never wear the same things more than a few times.

posted about 8 years ago

xenii
Style_council
xenii

I have a lot of clutches, so I’ll also mix clutches up with outfits, it really gives it a difference :)

posted about 8 years ago

ragsrevisited
Style_council
ragsrevisited

Thrift stores are amazing for this I have bought some stellar pieces for 2 bucks. Or try looking through your moms / dads closet for old things they dont want. You can turn big mens shirts into dresses you can wear loose fitting blouses with leggings or slim fits. Check out my blog I show you how to make rags into riches with anything! www.ragsandredbottoms.com

posted about 8 years ago

PickiPicki
New_user PickiPicki is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When PickiPicki reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PickiPicki

Go to a local consignment shop :) they’re are usually located in high-end neighborhoods.
The largest online consignment shop where EVERYTHING is under $200, designer clothing for like $20 the same brands carried by Saks, Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorfs… really awesome deals is called
www.pickipicki.com

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password