Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

I wore heels a couple times this past year to school, and now that it is my graduating year I’m going to start wearing them, hopefully, all the time. Hahaha. I was just wondering other opinions on wearing heels to high school. and does anyone know where to find reasonably priced heels that are half decent for someone on a budget?

posted about 9 years ago
irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

I think that they are fine, as long as the heel is somewhat chunkier than a stiletto and preferably closed toe, but really anything goes if your school allows it, so I say do whatever you want with style. :)

My thoughts on the subject is, as long as you can walk in them, wear them. There’s nothing more un-stylish than seeing someone not able to walk in their heels.

Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, H&M, etc. The usual places to get stylish, affordable clothes are also great for shoes.

posted about 9 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

i agree! it’s your style and it doesn’t matter if you’re in high school, as long as it’s appropriate and you like it :) i wore a lot of basic high heels that were 2 inches and also closed toed. i got mine at tjmaxx and ross :) i find that other stores either are a) uncomfortable 2) expensive or 3) too high of a heel.

good luck!

posted about 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I wore heels to high school but they were a little loud in the hallways xD I don’t think you should be wearing heels all the time though, bad for your feet (especially if they are cheap ones that don’t really give you adequate support)

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

well i never wore heels to school until my friend wanted to wear heels and wanted me to wear them with her so i did for the last couple of days of high school. it was fun but uncomfortable

posted about 9 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

I reckon as long as your heels aren’t sky high, stiletto, or annoyingly loud then you can wear them :)

posted about 9 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

Wear ‘em loud & proud! Did that several times in high school and yes, they were quite uncomfortable (not to mention I got looks), but I wasn’t too bothered; it was my style, after all. Bring flats if you’d like!

posted about 9 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

if you want to you should go for it!
i never really wore heels in high school cuz it wasn’t very hard to slip/trip on the stairs or in hallways =/

posted about 9 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think wearing heels is fine as long as it’s not too high of a heel. 2.5 inches or so for me is most comfortable because they’re low enough that you’re not gonna tire of walking around all day going from class to class. also, heels tend to echo on hard floors so i found it a little embarrassing to hear my footsteps echoing down the hallway. haha.

i would suggest to be on the look out for sales, always try them on, walk around, make sure they’re comfortable. i think it’s more important to find a good shoe that you’ll wear all the time, than a pretty shoe or have tons of shoes that you can’t walk more than 3-4 hours in.

posted about 9 years ago

HeadFirst
Style_council
HeadFirst

I think they’re awesome. Especially in high school, people dress up a lot, but just go with casual heels, such as wedges or pumps. Make sure they’re comfortable too but make sure to bring different shoes such as flats or sandals just in case :)

Charlotte Russe has really cute shoes, and I especially love their heels! They’re not too expensive; about $20-$30 dollars. Also, Forever 21 has cute and cheap heels too!

posted about 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

I wore heels to high school all the time. Try DSW , payless I heard is getting better with their styles , or you can just wait until the fall sales start in department stores

posted about 9 years ago

lovealicee
Style_council
lovealicee

I wore heels to school for a good portion of the time, but only because it was a slight chunky heel that wasn’t TOO, too high. I think heels in school are absolutely fine, as long as it’s not a stiletto because those are dangerous for you, and the people around you. My school has 3 floors, and throughout the day, a lot of walking up and down stairs is required, and there’s a lot of people all the time. Tripping is common, and in heels? It’d be killer…

Also make sure your heels are confortable to you! Remember to break them in. :)

posted about 9 years ago

AlexK
Style_council
AlexK

Well, stilletos may look silly, but overall, go for it! I mean, don’t wear them for the sake of wearing them (this girl at my school would wear these old brown heels with bootcut, lightcolored, old looking jeans and a twilight t-shirt, it just looked silly) but as long as they fit with your outfit and you feel comfortable, wear them.

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

At my old high school we had a uniform so obviously only black school shoes were allowed, but personally even if we had been allowed to wear heels I wouldn’t have. I never wear heels to uni! This is because wearing heels during the day isn’t my style and also I have to walk so much everyday wearing heels would be so painful and impractical.
However, if you’re totally comfortable with it and it suits your style then go for it! Like the others I think it’s better if the heel is chunkier or are wedges rather than stilettos, and really high platforms probably wouldn’t be so appropriate either. Make sure you’re comfortable walking in them, I hate it when I see girls wearing heels to uni and they look really uncomfortable and can barely walk :S

posted about 9 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

As long as you’re comfortable, I say go for it! Maybe bring along a pair of flats just in case your feet start screaming.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password