Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Okay, so I have no idea what to be for halloween. I always do DIY costumes (versus storebought), but have run out of ideas. I kindof want to do something thats more dark or even dead looking Lol Love me some zombies. And definitely original.
Ideas?

posted almost 8 years ago
monchere
Style_council
monchere

I want to do Mrs. Edgar Allen Poe, but I don’t have enough time or money. My idea is a textured black mini or pencil skirt, depending on how sexy you want to be, a ruffled white button up, possibly topped by a black blazer, badass shoes, messy hair, smokey eyes, and raven-inspired accessories. It’s dark and sexy, but, more importantly, it’s unique. Good luck!

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Thats cute, you should do that!
And oh man, that inspired me. I’m actually thinking of being a RAVEN for halloween now! Woah! All greasy-black, those fake eyelashes that look like feathers, long pointy nails that look like talons, feathers in my hair… Its weird but I’m really liking where this is going.
EDIT: And I just remembered I have a super cute black wig thats like a shoulder length bob with straight bangs. Ah!

Pinkzombie23
Style_icon
Pinkzombie23

Last year I was a zombie brain surgeon. There are pictures on my blog here. It was definitely my favorite Halloween costume! I am totally obsessed with zombies and other creepy things. It was a pretty simple costume. I borrowed the lab coat from the costume room of my school’s drama department, but it can’t be too hard for you to find something similar. Then I made fake blood out of corn syrup, chocolate sauce, and red food coloring. I messed up my hair like crazy and did really pale makeup. I wore my pencil skirt and netted tights to add some sexiness. I also carried my dad’s stethoscope and made a really simple name tag out of cardstock and pinned it on with a safety pin. Mine said “Ima Gonner” but you can think of any creative dead person’s name.

idreamadream
Style_council
idreamadream

L

monchere
Style_council
monchere

Plasticflowers, that sounds great! I love Halloween costumes that are creepy, but interesting. I’m so tired of seeing the same things out there!

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Agreed. I was looking through our boxes of halloween stuff and found these two dresses that I’d worn years earlier at Halloween that could be altered really cool. One is a black dress with a long fringe on the front, the other is a lime green dress with black netting layered over it.

monchere
Style_council
monchere

The black dress could be used for your raven costume if you alter and style it right. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

As awesome as I think the raven costume would be, I think I’m actually going to do a Day of the Dead thing. Both the dresses would work for that, I have tights I could paint skeleton legs on, and cobweb covered fake dead roses for my hair. I’ve always loved the Day of the Dead makeup and realized Halloween would give me a great excuse to do it! Also, my friend who’s “too cool” ;) to dress up was like HEY, I’LL BE THAT TOO! Haha
Monchere, have you come up with your costume yet?

monchere
Style_council
monchere

That also sounds cool. I can’t wait to see the makeup, too.

I have not come up with my costume yet. I really want to do a Mrs. Edgar Allen Poe costume, but I don’t have enough time or money. I don’t have any of the things I need. But I really want to do it. I think it would be really cool. I do have cat ears and tail, so I could dress normally, but wear my ears. Thats if I really don’t have anything by Halloween.

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

I hate spending money for halloween costumes. I dont like the material the costumes are made of. Using pieces that I already have works so much better for me.

This year I am going to be a bunny. I bought ears,tail, bow tie, and a pair of cuffs for only $8 and bought costume make up for $2. Gonna wear a black dress and have some cute bunny make up on.

Using dramatic make up is a big game changer for me. Cute, sexy, evil, dead…it can all depend on the make up you use.

Humming
Style_council
Humming

I have a short white dress and I add angel wings and a blonde wig from ages ago and lots of accessories. (Also get a chance to wear my bestest white boots)

wanglan
New_user wanglan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When wanglan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
wanglan

I want to be a zombie bride! But i need to find a white dress because i don’t think a wedding dress would be such a good idea…

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

check my latest post as a DIY suggestion and let me know your thoughs..;-)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password