Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EvaLavender
Style_council
EvaLavender

I have dark blonde-light brown hair, and I want to go more blonde! I don’t want to have to buy anything though to do it. I’ve heard that lemon juice lightens hair, along with tea. Any other easy ways to lighten hair that work well?

posted almost 9 years ago
magali
Style_council
magali

Umm, not sure about that… I know that being out in the sun bleaches hair naturally, but I obviously wouldn’t suggest it. I think it would be safer if you went to a salon. But I do like the idea of using natural stuff to lighten hair. I just have to clue about it.

lionsleeps
Style_council
lionsleeps

Try peroxide. Be sure not to get it in your eyes.

lionsleeps
Style_council
lionsleeps

I think you have to use it a couple times to lighten your hair.

magali
Style_council
magali

Unless you’re experienced (or have an experienced friend) I wouldn’t recommend you bleaching your own hair with peroxide because it can go wrong!

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

Yes. Definitely be careful with bleaching your hair.

I’ve heard taht lemon juice lightens hair as well. From a quick google search I found this link: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf53578803.tip.html

Jazumon
Style_council
Jazumon

I think there’s a product that works like lemon juice, but it’s more effective. I think it’s called Sun-In? You spray it your hair and let the sun do the work, it would probably work the best in the summer though.

Izacouto
Style_council
Izacouto

You can put some apple vinegar in your hair and expose it in the sun.
Works for me :)

The_Artist_Eye
Style_council
The_Artist_Eye

I’ve always used Sun In. I usually find it at wal mart (where the cosmetics and shampoo are). its a spray that you can spray in your hair right before you get in the sun to increase highlights or you can use a blow dryer (basically it works with heat) If you use it alot you can really lighten your hair and it doesn’t cost that much (can’t remember for sure how much it is though). Someone once thought I’d dyed my hair blonde because I used it alot one summer.

The_Artist_Eye
Style_council
The_Artist_Eye

Sun In

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

If you’re bleaching with chemicals like peroxide, be careful.

Also, lemon juice WILL work but will only make a very tiny difference. People only mostly use it to go a shade or two lighter or get some subtle highlights in their hair. Not for fully bleaching, so just warning you beforehand when you realize that lemon juice won’t give much results.

Skotch
Style_council
Skotch

theres various hair gels that contain minute amounts of peroxide they advertise to lighten hair

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password