Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
little_clover
Style_council
little_clover

So, I read this article about gladiator sandals, how you should and shouldn’t wear them. And the article said that it looks really ugly if you wear them with pants or shorts.. While I always thought it could look good.. Any opinions?

posted over 9 years ago
priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I wear them with both pants and shorts; I personally like them a lot.
Since the article says not to wear them with pants or shorts, what would you wear them with?!

posted over 9 years ago

heyyitslianax3
Style_council
heyyitslianax3

pshh screw the article :)

i def think it looks good with shorts/pants. !

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I wear them with shorts and pants all the time. Where was this article?

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i like them unless they’re over the top

posted over 9 years ago

little_clover
Style_council
little_clover

Glad I’m not the only one that thought they look good with pants! :) Thanks everyone for posting something.
Here’s the article btw:
http://indiashoes.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/gladiator-shoes/
I was looking for gladiator sandals on google and then I found this link..

posted over 9 years ago

iluvfashion
Style_council
iluvfashion

they look good with both shorts and pants.
idk wat that article was talking about.

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

It’s all opinion – I quite like them with shorts and pants!

posted over 9 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

It’s an opinion! That doesn’t make it fact. I try not to let other people’s opinion’s sway what I think about what I wear. If I like it then I like it! Who cares what other people think?
I love gladiator sandals. And I think they go great with pants or shorts, or even leggings and a long tunic.

I started to read that article a little bit. The article says they look nice ONLY when worn with a dress. Whatever! Maybe the author needs to open her/his mind a little more and realize that there’s not JUST one way to wear a style of clothing or shoes.

posted over 9 years ago

msbroin
Style_council
msbroin

i love wearing mine with short…i have long legs but long toes so it the only sandal i can get away with … i feel very fashionable in them and i get people telling me how well i pull them off

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I think it’s just how YOU decide you like them! Try them with different things, they usually look best with shorts or skirts, but def. work with pants and can look good too! You just have to try different things! :)

posted over 9 years ago

Orchidmoonlight
Style_council
Orchidmoonlight

Wear them however you like! I personally think they go well with pants, capris, shorts, skirts, and dresses. Check out my pics if you need some ideas. :)

posted over 9 years ago

mffashionista
Style_council
mffashionista

there’s a new sandal out from Argentina called the olguitas. … they pretty much fit the gladiator genre, except they’re both super cute and totally comfortable. What I LOVE most is that they go with just about anything, but remain trendy and unique!

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think they look good with shorts. don’t always listen to articles. each person has his/her own style!

i want a pair that goes all the way up my shin. i think those are cool

posted over 9 years ago

anakwardasiangurl
Style_council
anakwardasia...

i think that article was written by a crazy person. i mean if we not supposed to wear it with pants or shorts, are we supposed to go nude or something?!

posted over 9 years ago

jillvogue
Style_council
jillvogue

you can wear them with tight fitting pants, and shorts

posted over 9 years ago

HarryintheHat
Style_council
HarryintheHat

haha, read the blog to check out the original ‘opinion’. Blogger sounded a wee bit miserable and boring. Remember the news article about the sorority girls’ ‘what to wear’? I mean, really, wear what you want. If YOU like it, go for it. Obviously we’re all on here because we would like to think other people like our choices, but if you feel it looks good, go for it. I’m wearing knee-high gladiators right now (with a skirt)….but i was going to wear them with shorts, and OMG, i EVEN CONSIDERED wearing them with gaucho style capris (they will hence be half-hidden). Maybe I will tomorrow, hehe….!

posted over 9 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

Wearing gladiators with jeans are no different then wearing a pair of strappy sandals. It’s also a good alternative to some one with heavier calves because wearing gladiator sandals can create the illusion of bigger calves making jeans a better alternative to shorts or skirts.

posted over 9 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

i like them with shorts

posted about 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I think that article is VERY wrong, shorts and glads dont sound too bad to me :) haha!

posted about 9 years ago

anhesty
Style_council
anhesty

i think gladiators can be worn with almost anything. i wear them with shorts all the time. although i love to wear them dresses mostly.

posted about 9 years ago

kat18
Style_council
kat18

Whoever wrote that article doesn’t know what their talking about.You can wear them with about anything.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password