Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

How do you guys feel about gauges? I’ve had my lobe piercings stretched to a 4g before, but took them out for prom so I could wear regular earrings. Should I re-stretch them?

posted over 9 years ago
solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

HONESTLY…..

if you like wearing regular earrings too than I wouldnt do it if I were you.
BUT if thats your style, if thats what you like then do it. Don’t look for others opinions.

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I can’t imagine ever getting them, not a big fan.

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I myself would never get them haha i love my other earrings too much. but all the guys in the band and stuff all have them. on guys i think they’re pretty hot ;) as long as they aren’t above 00. I know some guys who’ve got HUGE ONES and they’re not too hott lol except for the one super-fine guy who works in my hot topic, but he’s the only one i’ve seen pull them off way big. honestly, you could go for some smaller ones, maybe in the second piercing area? if you really wanted them and they fit your style, i say go for it!

posted about 9 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

im not a fan, but i think they look good on other people

posted about 9 years ago

urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

I think I’ll stretch them again, but I also got triples, and it’s the standard cubic zirconia earrings they pierce you with, so for now, I don’t think gauges would match those very well. I think it’s regular earrings for me now. :)

posted about 9 years ago

vendange
Style_council
vendange

my b/f has his stretched to 3/4 and he really wants me to gauge mine. Id like too stretch it to a 0 but i also like my other earings. It can always close up though!

posted about 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Personally, I think they’re disgusting. I don’t know what posses people to ruin their ears like that. One of my friends dad had them and they just looked horrible, even he got fed up with them after a while.
But better to have them now that you’re younger while your ears will be able to go back to normal if you don’t keep them for too many years.

posted about 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’ve never gotten my ears pierced even for regular earrings—and at 21 i’m one of the rare, few girls who hasn’t that I know. I always wonder if the gauge aesthetic is of the “pain is beauty” mindset, though, because unlike with regular earrings, every time I see a person wearing gauges, I always cringe and wonder how much they hurt rather than taking in the style of them first.

posted about 9 years ago

urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

I really love the style of gauges, but I also like regular earrings, so it’s hard to choose what to do! They also actually don’t hurt at all because the stretching process is done slowly, one size at a time. :)

posted about 9 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I stretched mine when I was younger, but I took them out and by some miracle they shrank back. Honestly, I would have regretted it if they hadn’t and I needed to get my ears stitched or something. My brother on the other hand, went snowboarding with metal plugs in and his earrings froze… no going back there.

posted about 9 years ago

waitingforfriday
Style_council
waitingforfr...

I don’t know, they kind of freak me out. Whenever I see them I just imagine how much they must hurt (especially the huge ones) when they hang down off your ears…eeh gives me the shivers. Plus imagine if they never go back and you have to have huge holes in your ears for the rest of your life…

I just like regular earrings.

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I like the idea of wearing carved decorative gauges, but I never wear earrings, so it’d be weird. I like them on some people, though.

posted about 9 years ago

tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

I had my ears gauged, but I got tired of not being able to wear other earrings. I think it’s cute either way!!

posted about 9 years ago

vendange
Style_council
vendange

what if you have a second hole to wear regular earings with. Best of both?

posted about 9 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

Some people wear earrings that have the hook-y back instead of posts when they have gauges, I’d suspect it would look a bit weird though. My friend has hers gauged to about 5/8 I think and she has some really cute gauges

posted about 9 years ago

vendange
Style_council
vendange

Thats true. There’s also fake gauges if you want. But I personally don’t like them. You can usually tell that they are fake.

posted about 9 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I have my ears stretched to 0g. I’m staying at this size.
I have three holes on each ear so I can still wear other earrings in my second holes.

posted about 9 years ago

urbanpocahontas
Style_council
urbanpocahontas

I decided to not stretch them for the time being. I bought lots of new earrings and recently got triple lobe piercings, so I’m sticking to regular earrings to match the new studs! :D

posted about 9 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i don’t think they’re very classy, tbh.
but if they’re not too big..

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password