Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

Hi,.
See, I’m nowhere near rich.
I don’t even own a pair of skinny jeans since jeans are expensive here.
but i have 7 pairs of “average” jeans.

But, could you give me examples of looks please?
trendy, but cheap :D

there are a lot of thrift stores around here,
but.. the clothes look… normal.. :|

heeeeeeeelp :’((

posted over 9 years ago
thebluemonster
Style_council
thebluemonster

id say forever 21 they have cute clothes and its pretty cheap. i think i got this realli cute tank for 5.80? or somewhere around that
ooberly cute ;D
and theyre jeans can be as low as 9.50 :] and im pretty shure they mean skinny jeans also.

check online ;D

forever21.com

posted over 9 years ago

JocelynneA
Style_council
JocelynneA

If you want, you can alter some of your jeans to turn them into skinny jeans. I’m sure that there are tons of tutorials on how to do so, so just look it up and you’ll find one :)

posted over 9 years ago

unogeeez
Style_council
unogeeez

1. Of course Forever 21.
-cute
-cheeeeeeap
-quality’s not as bad as people say
-good for ALL styles

2. H&M
One word.
GORGEOUS.

3. Don’t underestimate thrift stores
Patience is key. Thrift stores are like… mines. Haha. Seriously, you have to sift through every rack. It’s totally worth it. I mean come on it’s vintage(;

posted over 9 years ago

rosenoire
Style_council
rosenoire

i love the reply that said to turn your jeans into skinny jeans. That is the way fashion works, re-inventing what u got!!!

Anyways, sometihing you might do with your jeans as well is turn them into a denim miniskirt. just cut them off as shorts, you decide the length, then cut the insides(inner thihgh area) and then sew both sides together!! what i like about this is that if you actually do it, you could do so many things with it. you can make a miniskirt, a pencil skirt, add patches, or even cover them in lace for some lace denim skirt! its all in the imagination….

I hope this helps a lot.

<3, Noire.

posted over 9 years ago

northerncharmer
Style_council
northerncharmer

Turning bootcut or flared jeans into skinnies is pretty simple actually. Just take the pair, turn them inside out and pin them as desired. Then sew a seam from just above the knee to the ankle, cut off the extra and voila!

Honestly, thrift stores are superb, but they do require some time searching, and it helps a LOT if you have a sewing machine and some basic sewing know-how (you don’t need much though). I think that really most of my favorite pieces are thrift store finds I’ve altered, hemmed, taken-in etc.

Finally, spend wisely. Don’t spend much on those trendy items. Instead, invest on basics that will last and that you love.

posted over 9 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I’m loving the reworked denim ideas (I’ll be stealing some of those). I’ve turned jeans into shorts and bleached jeans as well. I would definitely suggest Forever 21, they have skinny jeans for like 13 dollars (basic but great), also don’t be afraid to shop everywhere. I love Miley Cyrus’s line for Wal-Mart with Max Azria. It’s inexpensive too. A great way to shop is to check websites for coupons or for future sales. Thrift shopping can be difficult, you just gotta make sure you allot time to rummage through the selection.

S.J.R.

posted over 9 years ago

talkanatalka
Style_council
talkanatalka

ooo I know how that feels, I just got back from studying abroad and I am SO BROKE but really want to update my closet!!!

I looove going for after-Christmas sales, some stores have really good sales and at places that are already discounted to begin with (like TJ Maxx), you could pick up a $2-3 nice shirt if you spend a lot of time searching!

Anyway, the easier way without spending money is re-purposing clothes, like everyone said, and my favorite thing to do is clean out my closet so I can re-discover old clothes I forgot I had!! I find a lot of stuff this way a lot of the time, either that I can still wear or that I can sew up to change. Plus, while I clean I have to try stuff on and then I can plan new outfits as I’m going! :)

posted over 9 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Your blog states that you live in the Philippines — I don’t know what stores you have there (although I can imagine that the prices for foreign brands might be higher due to import costs….), but if you search online for Philippine fashion bloggers (there are some on Chictopia, like joannaladrido), you could probably get advice on where to get trendy, inexpensive clothes.

posted over 9 years ago

GabrielleMwangi
Style_council
GabrielleMwangi

I live in Kenya so I have issues with shopping places(very limited). Thankfully, Kenya has the largest open air market in Africa and I have found some amazing pieces here, albeit used.
G

posted over 9 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

Thrift stores! I love places like Goodwill. You can find pieces you can alter or even alter your own clothes. I turn shirts I don’t wear much anymore into cropped tees or tanks. You can even find some ribbon or buttons to jazz up a shirt. Buy fabric markers! I found a long denim skirt I don’t wear and cut it short and doodled on it. Hope this helps!

posted over 9 years ago

KeSha
Style_council
KeSha

If you’re looking for skinny jeans, old navy has great looking jeans starting at $10.

posted over 9 years ago

millisilly
Style_council
millisilly

FLEA MARKETS. They are the most amzing place to buy cute clothes, because when you go there, you find things you hadn’t even thought of. I would say thrift stores too, even though you said they were average, there are plenty of places that have hidden “treasures” and you have to look through all the regular clothing untill you find the right clothes. It just takes lots of patience.

posted over 9 years ago

nylon1
Style_council
nylon1

Forever 21 is def A STORE YOU wouldn’t BREAK your account!!! you can find alot of cute simple chic wear in that store!

posted over 9 years ago

crystaljade
Style_council
crystaljade

Hey there! I’m from the Philippines too. I think you should try looking at thrift stores. Thrift shopping takes a little patience but the stuff I find are definitely worth the effort.

posted over 9 years ago

New_user 118212 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 118212 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Diy, turn old clothes into new. when you alter regular jeans into skinny jeans, take them in by the inseams

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password