Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
denaesimonson
Style_council
denaesimonson

I have a few mini skirts and dresses that i LOVE, and woulld like to wear this fall/winter, but i don’t know how i could make it work. Where i live, fall is cool, and winter is COLD.
any suggestions would be great!!
p.s. is it acceptable to wear white all year round?? yay, or nay?

posted almost 8 years ago
MissEverything
Style_council
MissEverything

with tights and boots of course! you can also wear a long coat with minis as well!

Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

If you want to wear white, wear it! I definitely think it’s acceptable. I still do, anyway.

I know what you’re saying about the dresses. I try to layer up underneath with a tank top for extra warmth, and a skirt slip + tights (sometimes 2) and boots. And then usually add a heavier cardigan over it.
You can also wear a sweater, and treat the dress as a skirt. Or, you can wear the sweater, or a long sleeved shirt, underneath the dress so that you sort of have a dress with sleeves. It doesn’t work with all my dresses, for some of them I think it’s a cute look.

Anyway, layer up! That’s the key

jcpenney2
Style_council
jcpenney2

Pairing skirts and dresses with colored tights are a great way to utilize your wardrobe all year long! You can also pair them with knit leggings for colder days. And of course don’t forget the boots – lace up ankle booties look great with skirts and tights and knee high boots are a great way to stay warm.

denaesimonson
Style_council
denaesimonson

thanks everyone!
i will definately use your advice :)

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

layer! wear tights underneath, leg warmers, and boots. you can also wear jackets outside of the dresses

helloimgabs
New_user helloimgabs is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helloimgabs reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helloimgabs

Layers are ideal. Add a cardigan and a belt if you don’t want to look too bulky. If the dresses have colours that draw a lot of attention, use neutrals to balance them out.

heartandsole95
Style_council
heartandsole95

Stock up on some tights, cable knit ones are great for cold weather, in a variety of rich and jewel tone colours :) With a great pair of riding boots your skirts and dresses will carry you through the fall and winter. I don’t think white is a problem just depends on the situation. White dresses and jeans look kind of summery, but I think a white top or sweater is totally fine.

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

Of course you can wear your skirts and dresses into fall/winter! I’ve braved 7 Chicago winters without a car and now I’m living back in Michigan and I hardly ever wear pants! The key is to layer your tights. I’ll usually wear a thin pair of tights under a pair of thicker ones or under sweater tights. If I’m wearing boots I’ll wear a pair of socks on top of that too. I find it’s way toastier than pants as you’re not letting any air get in. If I’m just wearing two pair of regular tights I also sometimes experiment with a third pair of fishnet/mesh tights to add a cool pattern. Good luck!

RaspberryLIme
Style_council
RaspberryLIme

wear tights! they don’t have to be regular tights there are also knit tights out there for the fall/winter. If that isn’t enough I usually layer my tights with knee socks. They look really cute when you wear tall boots with them. If you wear shorter boots then you can always scrunch the socks down to give it more of a casual look.

sloan
Style_council
sloan

I always double up on tights in the fall/winter. It can also be fun when layering sheer tights to play with color. A pair or white tights over a pair of red tights gives the appearance of pink tights. I also really like over-the knee socks, they are perfect for fall.

oscarinthecan
New_user oscarinthecan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When oscarinthecan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
oscarinthecan

I think it depends on the material and color of the skirt/dress. Bold or dark color skirt = super cute in winter with tights and boots, no doubt. It would take a lot more thought to do that with, say, a pastel floral chiffon. Maybe if you overwhelm the dress’ lightness with darker colored sweater/tights/shoes/scarf/hat — to where the dress is more like an accent to an otherwise autumnal outfit. ??? I dunno, maybe it’s not that hard and I’m just being old-fashioned. I think clothes should be (and appear to be) warm enough for the weather of the day. But that’s just me.

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

or the fall use knee highs or thigh highs and wear ballet flats or mocassins, then in the winter cable knit tights and a pair of boots

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password