Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
megmasquerade
Style_council
megmasquerade

I’m in need of some style advice. I have tons of skirts/dresses that are just way too short (especially for work)

I’d hate to get rid of all of them, so I’m open to any ideas, leggings perhaps?

Thanks girls!

posted about 9 years ago
anhesty
Style_council
anhesty

leggings would work. or wear a lace slip underneath and let it peek at the bottom which will add length. you can also wear them in the winter time and wear tights with it, they are thick and will not show much. it just depends on how short is short.

posted about 9 years ago

woocie
Style_council
woocie

is it short enough that it still looks like a dress or too short that it looks like a tunic? if it looks like a tunic, i would go with leggings. if it still looks like a dress, i would go with tights! and the lace slip underneath is a good idea. :)

posted about 9 years ago

Necca
Style_council
Necca

Can you wear a loose petticoat under them? It might give it some length.

posted about 9 years ago

megmasquerade
Style_council
megmasquerade

Love the leggings and tights idea! I live in FL so its 98 degrees here, looks like I’ll have to wait until mid January to wear them lol..

Thanks for the tips :o)

posted about 9 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

reconstruct!

posted about 9 years ago

welovecolors
Style_council
welovecolors

you can try layering the skirts with longer skirts underneath. you can also try out our leggings too for a FL friendly fabric. we’re actually based in Miami, FL and all of our girls wear our leggings all the time. email heather@welovecolors.com. she might be able to get a sample to you! hope this can help you out :)

posted about 9 years ago

welovecolors
Style_council
welovecolors

in case you decide to try the leggings, here are some styling examples:

Style 1
Style 2
Style 3
Style 4

posted about 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Just wear some cute shorts underneath! That’s what I do when i’m worried about something being too short! Lace or biker shorts could look nice under a short dress, if it’s more like tunic-length then some tailored shorts could look good!

posted about 9 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

try wearing another longer skirt in a coordinating color under it, or a lacy/ruffly underskirt

posted about 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

leggings, wear lace shorts underneath

posted about 9 years ago

blonderfulcurls
Style_council
blonderfulcurls

cute skirt/speech quote:
“a speech is like a skirt….its must be short enough to catch attention, but long enough to cover the essentials”
-some guy not sure who

LOL’S

posted about 9 years ago

jillvogue
Style_council
jillvogue

I often have this same issue. In order to wear them to work I usually pair them with black basic leggings, or wait to wear them when my boss is our of town.

posted about 9 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

my dresses that are too short, I wear a skirt over the bottom half, or fold the top of the dress and instantly have a skirt. if you have those dresses that just don’t do that, wearing leggings is perfect. my job now being a promo girl, the shorter the better! but my previous jobs wearing leggings wouldnt have been acceptable. just dont get rid of them is all i have to say!

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password