Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheyCallMeLauren
Style_council
TheyCallMeLa...

Hey Chictopia forum. I’m cleaning out my closet today, and I was wondering how you organize your clothes.

So do you organize your clothes by color, length, or any other random way?

I’d love to know!

posted about 9 years ago
sallym
Style_council
sallym

I organize them first by category (tank tops, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve, sweaters, jackets, dresses) then from color (white, ROYGBIV, gray and black.)

posted about 9 years ago

katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

I organize mine like sallym, but lately i’ve been lazy and just doing it by color.

posted about 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i’ve just gone through the same project! i have my clothes organized by type, like tees, tanks, blouses, jackets, leggings, pants, skirts dresses button-ups etc lol then i organize by how often i wear them. I have my books and shoes organized underneath, with my accessories all put together in a little suitcase i mounted to my wall.

posted about 9 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

My shirts are by color and type. I hang up my skirts and dresses by color and length. Tee shirts are folded in drawers and organized by tone [warm or cool] and pants and shorts are folded in drawers too. My designer bags go in one section of my closet and others are lined up be size. Shoes on shoe racks by style. Beltsare hung up. I use an accessory hanger for scarves. And my tights , berets and underwear go in speical cubby-type things that hang from my closet rod.

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

My closet is so small. I have one side with vintage dresses/other articles of clothing which I don’t actually wear because they’re mostly formal… then it’s my everyday-wear stuff (organized by color), then a shoe hanging thing, and another hanging thing with belts, more shoes, and tshirts I can’t bother to hang up.

posted about 9 years ago

FabulaDico
Style_council
FabulaDico

like cathrinee, i have a very tiny closet, so i mostly keep tops in my dresser (short sleeve on the top and long sleeve on the bottom, organized by color) and my nicer stuff, like pants, skirts, shorts, dresses, jackets, and blouses in my closet. hanging up are blouses, then sweaters, then jackets, then dresses, so i know what general direction to look in. Pants are folded and placed on two shelves— jeans and not jeans. shorts take up one shelf, as do skirts. shoes are on the very bottom. hope that helps!

posted about 9 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

I do mine by styles. I try to maintain an organized closet by keeping my tanks, tees, dresses, rompers, shorts, skirts, and long sleeve dresses (in back b/c off season)…. then putting them in an order that suits the fabrics…. complicated… maybe… but it really works!!!

posted about 9 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I’ve got 2 small dressers, each drawer containing a different type of items, tank tops in one drawer and pajamas in another, for example. The drawers are then organized by color.

In my closet I have blouses hanging, then skirts, then dresses. On the other side I have jackets, coats and my suits. Again, all organized by color. I have an over the door hanger in the closet for shoes, and more shoes and boots in boxes and dust bags on the shelf above. Also on the shelf (other side) are folded jeans and slacks. On the closet floor all my bags are kept inside my suitcase (except the designer ones, which are hanging in dust bags).

posted about 9 years ago

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

I organize mine by length- tanks, tees, 3/4 … and work- play

posted about 9 years ago

lovestrucklucy
Style_council
lovestrucklucy

it also helps a bunch if you keep your shoes that are in boxes on the top rack over the clothes, instead of under them … great space saver !

posted almost 8 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I organize by color and type of clothing:)

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i go by season and clothing type. i store those i dont use in attic.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password