Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CaliforniaC
Style_council
CaliforniaC

Leggings have been really big for the last couple of years and they are kind of fading. Are they not popular anymore?

posted about 8 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I feel like they’ll always be a staple, along with skinny jeans—more for comfort and versatility than anything else. Maybe it’s just because I live in a college town where comfort > style, but most girls I see wear leggings and skinny jeans

posted about 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

They have been really popular and I think they are close to wearing out their welcome by too many girls wearing them with short tops like they’re pants (maybe we need some recovery time from that? lol) but while they may decrease in popularity I don’t think they’ll ever be entirely “out.” They’re just so useful for winterizing dresses and skirts and pairing with shorter hemlines to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.

posted about 8 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I have noticed that people aren’t using them as much as they did the past few years.

And I don’t call them a staple. They really are/were a trend (I think a passing one as well).

posted about 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think leggings will always be a staple for me as i find them warmer than tights but comfier than pants! :P I still people wearing them everywhere and stores are still coming out with different versions and styles of leggings.
However I do agree that the leggings-as-pants happens way too often, and also jeggings-as-pants (especially when the jeggings/leggings are way too thin and you can see the shape and colour of the wearer’s undies…) so maybe that’s why some people have started to steer clear of them!

posted about 8 years ago

valeree_voguish
Style_council
valeree_voguish

Leggings will always be a part of fashion. you can wear em with definitely everything. even less people are using leggings nowadays, it wouldnt be entirely out. just need to know how to use em :)

posted about 8 years ago

unstoppable
Style_council
unstoppable

as long as you wear them right, they’re in. and by right, i mean not as pants. printed leggings are a good alternative to jeans and when worn right, they look really good, but most people wear them see-through with short tops and it’s just annoying and trashy.

posted about 8 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

yes,they went out shopping..!

posted about 8 years ago

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

I think I would agree that they are a staple. I mean my mom wore them in the 80s and they have yet to fade away entirely. However, i do think it was one of those “I see everyone wearing them, so I want to where them.” It was a lot of copy cat. The problem was people didn’t know how to update the look to keep it fresh I think that is why you don’t see leggings that much anymore. But personally, I will always be a fan.

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I definitely agree with you, fabricatedfashion. I wore leggings even in middle school, and I’m in my early 20’s now—they definitely weren’t as ‘fashionable’ then, but they’re never going to fade away, at least while I’m young :P. I’ll bet you that in five years from now, you’ll still be able to buy them anywhere (that would sell them now—can’t really see banana republic carrying them, or do they?). I think it also depends on where you live, too..

unstoppable, I agree that leggings =/= pants. I have a friend who goes to the gym in skintight/see-through leggings and a short top. let’s just say you could tell she’s wearing a thong :/

posted about 8 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I wouldn’t say they are out, just that the hype died. I like how they are available in all materials, colors and patterns.

posted about 8 years ago

Curvy_Chic_Confident
Style_council
Curvy_Chic_C...

@Hadelicious My Sentiment exactly :)

posted about 8 years ago

francisluna
New_user francisluna is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When francisluna reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
francisluna

They’re not popular that much anymore but like what other people said here its a staple for wardrobes . To match up with skirts and shorts. Also for winter.

posted about 8 years ago

thegreatbernsby
Style_council
thegreatbernsby

There’s no quetion that they will always remain a staple for a lot of people. I think how ‘in’ they are depends, though, on where you live. I live in a California beach city where a lot of people regulalry go for a laid-back and comfy look so many girls default to leggings as pants. I say it’s OK to wear ‘em as pants IF they fit you properly, aren’t see-through, and are occasion/location appropriate.

posted about 8 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

for me, i feel like leggings have moved to the more comfort/casual section so for running errands, or lounging around at home. i don’t like to wear them as pants, but if i do, i make sure my bum is more or less covered by my top :)

posted about 8 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I think leggings are not out. They have just grown to be more than just a fashion statement. After fashion I think the next popular thing to wear leggings with is working out lol. They have an article that talks about how leggings are not good for the body because the make the muscles in your legs relax and not work because the fabric is doing all the holding in. I dont quite believe the article but its a good thing to look into.

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password